Business Intelligence Data Warehouse Developer II
Title: Business Intelligence Data Warehouse Developer II
Department: BB TechDev US-Incremental-6236
Broadbean is a forward-thinking, fun and fast paced global tech company, where no two day’s are ever the same and who’s customers are at the heart of everything we do. We strive to consistently delight our clients through our intuitive and intelligent technology to ensure that our customers are getting the best possible service. Broadbean’s has a fantastic diverse, collaborative and lively culture that spans four continents and over 16 languages. We take our work seriously but also strive for the perfect life-work balance. Broadbean strongly values our employees health and wellbeing. We have competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a collaborative leadership team. Each and every day, we help companies find new talent, place candidates and gain insights through data that allows them to make business changing decisions. Want to be a part of that? Apply today.
The Business Intelligence Data Warehouse Developer(BIDW) II role is essential in helping us achieve the next evolutionary milestone: to become an integral part of the business that will design and power the reporting layer of all KPIs and Applications.
This position requires a 3+ years development background in SQL, BI & Data Analysis to help with delivery of reports in various presentational formats, from Tableau to Excel. This position is ideal for someone who is looking for that next Software Engineering step within Data Warehouse and Big Data areas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely within Data Warehouse team to improve the overall architecture and tooling.
- Provide technical support to other non-DW teams.
- Be hands on in delivering technical resolutions during outages. This might include outside office hours and weekends.
- Review and feedback on code reviews, implementation proposals etc.
- Work closely with other R&D teams outside DW to deliver collaborated implementations that will meet business requirements.
- Full hands on in daily development activities: from daily stand ups, to coding, to writing ad-hoc BI SQL queries.
- Monitor the system’s health to ensure our DW ecosystem is always up.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or from a related field.
- Good understanding of RDBMS fundamentals. Ideally, have a keen interest in Data Modeling and Statistics.
- 3+ years in ETL development and data warehouse or Application development experience.
- High level of proficiency in SQL.
- Sound understanding of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) development, dimensional data modeling, database stored procedures, data analysis, and database development experience.
- Must have experience writing complex stored procedures and scheduling batch jobs.
- Familiarity with developing ETL processes using AWS services, particularly AWS Glue and Athena.
- Knowledgeable with business intelligence tools. Tableau & SSRS are highly desirable.
- Experience in Python 3. PySpark is bonus.
- Comfortable with Linux operating systems.
- Willingness to learn new tools on the go.
- Requires the ability to communicate precisely and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Requires problem resolution and critical thinking skills.
- Requires the ability to view and read from computer screens for an extended period of time and interpret complex text and/or data files .
- Requires the ability to understand and interpret data, reports, etc.
- Requires reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others and the ability respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management.
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions; must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioural extremes.
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time in front of a computer screen.
- Requires the ability to work with frequent interruptions both in person and electronic communications.
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work including extensive keyboard usage.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through speech, writing and/or other means, as well as read and understand spoken and written directions.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Management Level: Individual Contributor
Job Function/Trip: Non Sales
FLSA Status (US & Canada): Non Exempt
EEO Classification (US Only): Professionals