Software Development Project Manager
JOB TITLE: Software Development Project Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: Initial 9 month Maternity Cover with opportunity to become permanent
DEPARTMENT: Product and Project Management
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: VP Technology
Broadbean is a forward-thinking, fun and fast paced global tech company, where no two day’s are ever the same and who’s customers are at the heart of everything we do. We strive to consistently delight our clients through our intuitive and intelligent technology to ensure that our customers are getting the best possible service. Broadbean’s has a fantastic diverse, collaborative and lively culture that spans four continents and over 16 languages. We take our work seriously but also strive for the perfect life-work balance. Broadbean strongly values our employees health and wellbeing. We have competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a collaborative leadership team. Each and every day, we help companies find new talent, place candidates and gain insights through data that allows them to make business changing decisions. Want to be a part of that? Apply today.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
You will be working within our software development teams to help plan, estimate and deliver features and enhancements on our core products as well as strategic projects/programs.
As an Agile coach, you will be working with the team and empowering them to improve upon their processes to increase visibility, teamwork and cooperation, quality and throughput.
You will always be seeking to identify MVP, advocating releasing early and often, and reducing time to market while also reducing risk. You will work closely with the development teams throughout in order to help them remove bottlenecks and reduce frustrations with existing process and toolchain.
- Work closely with Technical and Product teams to ensure the items in the Product roadmap are delivered.
- Driving all sessions to facilitate the progress on the development, depending on the methodologies used: Scrum / Kanban.
- Facilitating teams in providing realistic estimates, and measuring velocity.
- Tracking delivery progress.
- Removing impediments to make sure the technical team is not blocked so they can focus on their goals.
- Work with development teams and management to find ways to predict and mitigate time spent by teams on non-project tasks and adhoc requests.
- Highlighting and communicating risk around project delays.
- Managing coordination with other teams and business units in order to minimise delays and drive projects to completion.
- Facilitating teams in identifying and resolving process inefficiencies.
- Helping teams be self-organising, and high quality.
- Reporting to finance time spent by all developers in the team on each project each month.
- Providing regular updates on project status and details to the stakeholder.
- Maintaining the tools we use for project tracking: JIRA, Confluence, AHA.
- Coaching our teams to work with Agile.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - both phone and email
- Understanding of different software development management methodologies and have strong opinions on when each approach might be effective.
- Experience working with Agile.
- Experience working with software development teams. Technically minded in order to understand developer challenges and communicate them effectively outside of the team.
- Ability to identify process gaps within the team and make sure they are addressed.
- Excellent communication and ability to discuss tasks to a level of detail appropriate to audience.
- Working experience with ticketing systems, preferable Atlassian products.
Bachelor Degree Preferred
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
3-5 years of experience and technical background