Application Support Engineer
Broadbean is a forward-thinking, fun and fast paced global tech company, where no two day’s are ever the same and who’s customers are at the heart of everything we do. We strive to consistently delight our clients through our intuitive and intelligent technology to ensure that our customers are getting the best possible service. Broadbean’s has a fantastic diverse, collaborative and lively culture that spans four continents and over 16 languages. We take our work seriously but also strive for the perfect life-work balance. Broadbean strongly values our employees health and wellbeing. We have competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a collaborative leadership team. Each and every day, we help companies find new talent, place candidates and gain insights through data that allows them to make business changing decisions. Want to be a part of that? Apply today.
Summary of the Job:
An application support engineer must work independently and multi-task among several concurrent problems, perform triage and prioritization as necessary with discretion and pragmatic judgment. This role requires a strong sense of responsibility and problem ownership through to completion. This role requires compiling solutions across a broad technology stack whilst working with engineering teams on long-term fixes.
- Providing 2nd line support on the client's issues
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques with in-house and external technologies
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency with Perl
- Working knowledge of one or more database products (proficiency with SQL)
- Experience with network management systems and network monitoring tools
- Proficiency with REST APIs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Quick learner, self-motivated, autonomous, proactive, intellectually curious, team player with strong attention to detail
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
BA/BS degree in computer science or related field or relevant work experience instead of a degree.
Minimum Years of Experience: