IT Security Officer
Job Title: IT Security Officer
Department: Development / R&D
Country: United Kingdom
Pay Type: Salaried
Broadbean is a forward-thinking, fun and fast paced global tech company, where no two days are ever the same and who’s customers are at the heart of everything we do. We are the largest job distribution platform in Australia and the world, servicing both corporate organisations and recruitment agencies to find the best talent! We strive to consistently delight our clients through our intuitive and intelligent technology to ensure that our customers are getting the best possible service. Broadbean’s has a fantastic diverse, collaborative and lively culture that spans four continents and over 16 languages. Whilst we hold the vast majority of our industry’s market share, there is still plenty of room for us to grow, through new markets and our current and emerging product suite. This is why we want you!!
Summary of the Job:.
Reporting into Broadbean Leadership, the IT Security Officer will be responsible for overseeing the information security, cybersecurity, and IT risk management aspects of Broadbean’s Technology.
They will be familiar with industry-accepted information security and risk management standards and frameworks and will use these to drive security initiatives throughout the Technology side of the business.
Working closely with the VP of Technology the successful applicant will be an integral part of the Information Technology organisation helping improve and communicate the maturity levels of information security, state of cybersecurity and IT risk practices across the business.
They will liaise with both Technical and non-Technical staff and be a fast learner capable of communicating with technical depth where required and equally with a capacity to simplify complex issues. They will also be a good judge of when to do this.
- Designing and implementing security Strategy and Policy for our network
- Organising and processing the results of Pen Tests
- Working with the Tech Team to resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Pro-actively identifying security issues on our systems and hardware
- Working with the business to identify Security Certification and standards required
- Working with the VP of Tech to identify initiatives to progress attaining these certificates both directly and by incrementally resolving related issues
- Maintaining the risk management register
- Working with the Technology and Projects team to prioritise and resolve issues
Training and Knowledge
- Ensuring suitable training is in place for all staff on matters of IT security
- Maintaining and publishing a knowledge base for use by all staff
RFP Management Process and Communications
- Working with the Sales and Account Management team on Client RFPs
- Maintaining a database of articles and FAQs
- Training the client facing teams to reduce load of technical questions
- Producing client facing Communications for consumption in the sales process or as a response to security issues
- Attend Client calls to provide in depth technical back up for our Account Management and Sales teams
- Review of 3rd party provider contracts that the business engages in
Monitoring and Logging
- Working with the Ops team to ensure proper monitoring is in place
- Working with the Technical team to ensure logging is in place to identify security issues
- Documenting Security Breaches and assessing their damage
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to quickly digest complex IT systems and communicate relevant matters to non Technical staff
- Strong Workload prioritisation skills
- Up to date knowledge of Cyber Security
- Understanding of Database, Networking and Systems
- Understanding of applicable UK and International law and regulations in relation to IT Security
- Familiarity with Data and Data Protection laws in both UK and international law
- Strong background in IT