Tech Lead – Engineering
Location: Remote (within the UK)
WE ARE BROADBEAN
Broadbean now a part of Veritone – a world leader in AI solutions is a forward-thinking, fun, and fast-paced global tech company, where no two days are ever the same and who’s customers are at the heart of everything we do. We strive to consistently delight our clients through our intuitive and intelligent technology to ensure that our customers are getting the best possible service. Broadbean has a fantastic diverse, collaborative, and lively culture that spans four continents and over 16 languages. We take our work seriously but also strive for the perfect life-work balance. Broadbean strongly values our employee’s health and well-being. We have competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements, and a collaborative leadership team. Each and every day, we help companies find new talent, place candidates, and gain insights through data that allows them to make business-changing decisions.
Want to be a part of that? Apply today.
Technical Leads at Broadbean will be passionate about software development. Reporting directly to the Director of Global Software Development they will be expected to deliver results from a small team of Engineering staff ensuring practice is followed, the highest standards maintained and deadlines hit all while ensuring strong levels of communication both within their group and the wider technical department.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Leading a development team across a specific work portfolio within Broadbean
- Working with the Development Director to understand and refine the development tasks and areas of responsibility for delivering the Product Roadmap
- Line managing a small Engineering Team including identifying training required and addressing any performance issues
- Mentoring the team and creating an engaged working environment in which everyone feels they can contribute at multiple levels
- Work to ensure the ongoing management of technical debt
- Ensure a stringent level of QA is applied to all released code and all security standards are met
- Participate directly as an Engineer and target a judicious expenditure of time spent in this area to achieve goals.
- Identify areas for improvement in all practice
- Act as subject matter expert for their portfolio of responsibility
- Constantly evaluate company platforms and networks and search for ways to improve our products.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5 years of relevant experience in professional web development
- Prior leadership experience- Management of a team of Software Engineers from Senior to Junior level
- Experience with coding in Perl – role will primarily involve back-end Perl development with occasional JS or CSS a possibility.
- Experience in delivering high quality engineering projects in one of Node, Golang, Python
- Good interpersonal skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – both phone and email
- Strong mentoring and team building skills
- Knowledge and competency in specifying and delivering applications within AWS
- Background in Microservice architecture
- Full stack knowledge
- Up to date experience in application security best practice
- Good time management, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Recruitment software product development experience is a plus
Veritone is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company’s proprietary operating system, aiWARE, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video and other data sources into actionable intelligence. We love to continuously grow while staying ahead of trends and creating structure in an unstructured world.
If you’ve made it this far and align with our goals, we look forward to reviewing your qualifications!